We’re firm believers in educating our lash extension clients on how to best care for their new investment! Below are helpful tips and tricks you can share with your clients so they can maintain a clean and gorgeous lash line!
- Remove any eye makeup with a glycol-free and oil free remover. If you are wearing eyeliner use a micro-swab with some remover and wipe across the lid, away from the lid but definitely not toward your lashes.
- Use cool water to wet your eyes and lashes. Take a small amount of foaming cleanser (have we mentioned our Lash Cleansers, we love it and you will too?) and apply it to your palm or directly to a mascara wand.
- Run the mascara wand gently through your lashes to cleanse, remove dirt and oils.
- Rinse the wand and continue to run the wand through your lashes until all the cleanser is removed. You may also gently splash water on your eyes to wash it away.
- Gently dab your lashes dry or allow them to air dry. Run your mascara wand through the lashes to fan them back out.
With each client, whether you are applying a full set of lashes or just a fill, you should always cleanse the lashes prior to starting any lash extension service. Any debris or residue on the natural lashes will cause a barrier between the natural lash and the adhesive. Once that debris is loosened or washed off, it will also release the extension causing a lower retention rate.
Even if the client has visibly clean lashes, use any recommended method of pre-treatment to ensure the lashes are “squeaky clean”; most often, you will find that there is still some makeup residue or natural oils still on the lashes at the lash line.
- Pre-Treatment/Primer for the natural lashes
- Protein Remover
- pH Saline Solution for sensitive clients
- Cleansing Mousse followed by a saline rinse for visibly dirty lashes